I've been watching American Pickers on the History Channel lately--two guys who travel the country, pouring over other people's junk in old barns and attics. "Junk," of course, is in the eye of the beholder. I am a trash-to-treasure kind of girl myself, so I appreciate that ethic.
One of the houses on my walking route was having an estate sale last weekend. On Sunday, they marked everything 50% off. I thought we should take a look; at worst, it was a chance to snoop around someone else's house, something else I enjoy.
I spied this, for $2.50.
I've been in the market for a food processor--my one-cupper is practically useless.
Is this an awesome bargain or a disgusting mistake? I can't tell if food-prep equipment is one of those things that you never should buy used--like shoes or underwear--because you don't know where it's been. I scrubbed and disinfected the daylights out of it, and though it could use some blade sharpening, it works like new. (Even if "new" was 1983.) For $2.50, I think it was worth the gamble.

You know how I appreciate a bargain as well. Just process some boiling hot bleach water and you are good to go- I think I see some pesto on the horizon!
ReplyDelete