Friday, April 2, 2010

Some progress.

It's getting on till our one-year anniversary (on Monday), so I thought I'd do the time-honored thing and try my wedding dress on again. You know, for comparison's sake. I loved my dress.

This is me, as newly married as it is possible to be, April 5, 2009.

And this is me, married for a whole year now, April 2010.

As you can see, last year that dress was none too loose. Now it's a whole different dress when I put it on, and not just because the lighting. (Though I do like the color in the top picture--it's more true to the actual color of the dress.) I can practically squeeze two of me in there now. Look closer; you'll see none of the cleavage from yesteryear.
And we're all thankful for that.

I guess, like much related to that day, things have gotten better, grown different, are part of a whole new life and a whole new me. And part of the whole new me is my hair, which is as long as it's ever been. Strange to say, I feel no compulsion to cut it, either. Though it is very wavy in unruly ways, and tucking my hair behind my ears is difficult with my hearing aids on.

(It would figure that the one day I decide to take a picture of my hair 
is the day that I don't have my anti-humectant in.)



2 comments:

  1. AMAZING! You are such an inspiration (unfortunately, not enough of one for me to put.down.the.cadbury.eggs) but an ispiration, nonetheless. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cadbury creme eggs don't have that many points, so don't feel too bad about them. I've had 2 this season, which is down considerably from last year's (and the year before, and the year before that) 2 per hour.

    ReplyDelete