Saturday, May 15, 2010

Renegade Craft Fair


Went to the Renegade Craft Fair today, with my stitch-ripper in hand, just in case. Pretty much I looked like the squarest middle American there, having opted not to wear a vintage dress, cat-eye glasses, or knitted something-or-other. And I wondered if perhaps I am getting too old for this kind of thing anyway, since the first thing I did was duck into the bathroom and take my hearing aids out. It was VERY loud in there. Gosh-darn hipsters.

Seemed to be a lot of vintage-inspired aprons, homemade purses and totes, overpriced jewelry (sorry, it's true), and sassy onesies. I saw an ersatz Sassy Passy and the tie T-shirts that Mags copied for the boys. But I did manage to find some cool stuff for myself.

This hair thingy, for one:

And these two posters from The Poster List:

Still on my list of things to do for 2010: learn to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment