Monday, July 5, 2010

Freedom from sea-foam green.

Yesterday Chris and I celebrated our independence from my horrible green-based color choices of yore by painting the kitchen. When I first bought this place 5 years ago, I pictured everything being soft, beachy greens and blues. The kitchen color never panned out--and this was a repaint over the initial color I had chosen, which can best be described as fluorescent.


The cabins I redid about 3 years ago; I updated the stove and micro-hood 2 years ago; the tile was last summer, as were the drawer pulls. Finally, the paint. Looks like a whole new room, really.


I've moved from an all-green pallet to an all-brown one. I suppose that includes the smudges on the wall in the foreground, from George. (It's matte paint, so you know those don't wash off.) We still have lots of painting to do.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness - are you abandoning silver sage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitchen was never silver sage; it was supposed to be sea-glass green, but it was more neon-ish in certain lights. I'll never abandon the silver sage in my bedroom. It's just so soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um.. i seem to have noticed you want to return to the sea cottage. Maybe blue is not so bad after all???

    ReplyDelete