Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Plus/minus me.

After a rough four weeks of plateauing, I feel like I need to take an accounting of how I have changed in the last year. By the numbers:

  • 1: Year on WW
  • 80: Pounds lost
  • 40: More pounds to go
  • 122/80: My blood pressure, now normal. Much higher a year ago.
  • L: Size of some of my tops now
  • 10: Number sizes down
  • .75: Portion of a mile I can jog without stopping. A year ago, it was maybe .75 feet.
  • 90: Average afternoon temperature during my walks, sometimes with a heat index of 100+. I do it anyway.
  • 6: Number of days I exercise
It's hard some days to remember that it took years to put this weigh on, and it'll take years to take it off. Why must things take so long? 

To celebrate one year in my new life (careful not to call it a "diet"), I made a delicious berry smoothie for dinner. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, Fiber One vanilla yogurt, and some milk and ice. Perfect for the post-walk sweats--you know the ones, when you're still sweating after you've gotten out of the shower.

1 comment: