I bought this jacket at the Gap the day after Christmas for $17.
I've been wearing it pretty nonstop, since most of my coats and jackets are now too big for me. (Which, yay.) The other day I was wearing it at work because I was freezing at my desk. When I went to the bathroom, I got a good look at myself in the mirror. And my first thought was: Good grief, I look like Private Benjamin.
There is a fine line between military-inspired and army surplus. I believe this jacket may straddle that line more than I originally thought. But let's be honest: I bought it because it was $17 and I love a bargain. I'll probably keep wearing it regardless.
At least when I saw you in it, it was styled just perfectly! With the dark denim and a bit of accessories you've upgrade Private Benji to military chic!
ReplyDeleteBy the by, Old Navy now has very similar jacket in a whole buncha different colors, so if you need to add another one to your wardrobe, go there!
I love it... and I imagine there is a very cute colorful scarf along with it. Wear it proud...
ReplyDeleteI love it, keep it! I also just recently watched/bought Pr. Benjamin. I saw it a lot as a kid and loved the part where the boss turned blue. It is pretty raunch.
ReplyDelete