You know, wrapped up in my JLo's (velor pants, which I for some reason always associate with JLo), snuggled under a blanket, watching the rain. If only I could work from home sometimes! (Except I don't have enough stick-it-to-ness to stay on task without every shiny thing distracting me, or me deciding that now is exactly the right time to vacuum the back of the refrigerator.) If only I could call in "sick" without feeling super guilty, thus ruining my day off!
Instead I sit in my little gray cube, hunched over reams of paper, and am assaulted with exclamation-mark-laden notes like this, from here:
Do these notes ever work? The ones in my office usually have LOTS more exclamation points and lots more run-on sentences. They are often accompanied by emails sent with high urgency. To which I would like to respond someday: Dear secretary, A high urgency email is one that warns employees about a gunman loose in the building or a tornado headed straight for us. It is not one that tells people not to put stir-sticks in the sink.
Instead I plan to secretly rip down the one over the sink. Someday. Maybe.


No comments:
Post a Comment